Friday, June 17, 2011

FLOETRY FRIDAYS

 
 
Soul Wasted
 
Sometimes I feel as if I am wasting my soul
on merchants that are shopping for bargains
trying to get the best deals
on my heart and dreams
it seems
as if my meekness is mistaken for weakness
my morals and sin have befriended
puzzling my mentality
so
I’m often misunderstood
but…
I refuse to mute my tongue
my rights are shaking hands with my wrongs
becoming acquainted
showing me the right way
but I still feel the need for a GPS system
to navigate my feelings

my spirit is shaken up
and is pouring over the edge of life
like fizz from a shaken soda
losing its contents on dehydrated moochers
thirsting for my compassion
I’m not heartless
but I’m lacking sympathy
for those that don’t respect my destiny
I’m only…
five feet and two inches
but I don’t need a ladder
to reach my prosperity
I breed my dreams with struggles
to birth realities
I battle tribulations for what I have and need
Ya see…
I appreciate it more if it doesn’t come easily

there is no negotiating with time
this world spins on its axis 24/7
nonstop
I stay on this grind
my future is impatient
getting irritated with irrelevant delays
my purse is full of my humbleness
but…
I can no longer afford to have
my soul wasted.
 
Amberly Poetess Wright
 

No comments:

Post a Comment