Tuesday, June 21, 2011

LUPE FIASCO TAKES ON BILL O'REILLY (FOX NEWS)

LUPE FIASCO VS BILL O'REILLY

After much speculation on whether or not he would make an appearance on conservative Fox News Host Bill O’Reilly’s show to defend his statements against President Obama, socio-political rapper Lupe Fiasco did indeed sit down with O’Reilly for a brief heated debate.

In defense of his comment that President Obama was the biggest terrorist, he told Bill O’Reilly:To put it into context, I was asked about a song I did called ‘Words I Never Said’ which addresses terrorism. So the statement that I made which was ‘I believe that the biggest terrorist [is] Obama and the United States of America and it’s foreign policy,’ that was what the whole context of everything was. And it’s really just an expression of me trying to understand critically the society.


Bill :You know President Obama’s not a terrorist. He’s trying to do what he believes is the right thing to do. The United States is not a bad nation it’s a noble nation. We’re trying to defend ourselves against people who killed us on 9/11. Then you go out there and you talk to a lot of younger people and this is what gets me. That your constituents are not exactly political science PHDs, okay. They’re impressionable kids.


Lupe: I don’t think that that matters.I don’t think yo need to have a political PHD to understand politics. I don’t think you necessarily need that. And I don’t think that politics are as complex as people like to make them seem or out to be. Richard Nixon said that, you know, if they reduced fear by reducing the causes of fear. In that same interview which I spoke about calling Obama ‘terrorist’ and every president before and after him a terrorist, right, if you’re gonna fight terrorism, right, true terrorism, weaponized fear…in defensive of ourselves we’re fighting, actively fighting something else. But if you’re gonna fight terrorism, to me, you fight the root causes of terrorism.

Bill went on to say that Lupe was “oversimplifying” politics and delivering a message about our government to young people that isn’t true.

Though Lupe may have brought up good points while talking to Russell Simmons for Global Grind, he seemed a little out of his league and ill prepared for this interview.

Check out the video of Lupe and Bill O’Reilly below:



Sidenote: Fox News defending Obama?


No comments:

Post a Comment