Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Celeb Look-a-like Jaleel White Frustrated by ‘Where Are They Now’ Questions

                          
                     
                              JALEEL "DON'T CALL ME URKEL" WHITE                                

Jaleel White, best known for his role as Steve Urkel in the 90′s hit sitcom Family Matters, dislikes the “Where Are They Now” references when it pertains to where he currently stands in his career. He recently spoke with EUR Web about being frustrated with people who believe he’s falling off and continue to ask about what he’s been up to since the show ended over a decade ago.

TITUS J.

I definitely have several more chapters left in my career. For all the people who play the ‘Where is he now?’ game with me, it’s kind of tough to swallow sometimes, only because I know how young I’ve been throughout that, and how young I still am. So you kind of have to just take it with a grain of salt and just be like, ‘Okay, the chapters will happen as they happen.’ But at least for a man in Hollywood, I’m still very, very young.”

“[Speaking on ratings]I was getting 18s, 19s, 20 – you know – these were the numbers I was pulling. That’s absurd now. Those are Super Bowl numbers, NBA Finals numbers.  So you put that into perspective, it’s very difficult to get everybody’s attention at once – for a good reason.  For a negative reason, it could happen like that.”

“I had one girl come and ask me, ‘Wow, like, what have you been doing in the last 10 years?’ I was like, ‘Well, I did an episode of “Psych” last year, I was on “Boston Legal.” It’s like babe, I understand, there’s a lot of distractions out there.  They say a lot of people spend more time on their Facebook than they do even watching TV.”

Over the years, Jaleel has been working as an actor-producer-writer, however the public isn’t exposed to what’s going on in his career as often as they are, what makes the tabloids. Last year, Jaleel found himself in the headlines after he was grilled by WJLB’s Morning Show regarding an alleged relationship with former NBA player Penny Hardaway. Jaleel denied the rumors, comparing their friendship to that of “Lebron James and Drake” and the issue faded into oblivion.

LIL'PENNY

A better question this time around may be, “Where is Penny Hardaway?”. Now that’s a name we haven’t heard in a while.

                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment